Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Mommy...

What a delight to spend my first Mother's Day with Zander - he definitely makes me a very Happy Mommy!  Last year, although I was excited about the fact that I was 'technically' a mom, it was bittersweet being apart from Zander.  What a difference a year makes!  On Friday afternoon, I joined Zander at school for a special event honoring mommies.  Then on Mother's Day, we all enjoyed a delicious brunch celebrating three Moms - myself, 'Nannie' Pat and sis-in-law Heather.  We had a fun time and all three boys were great (as were their Daddies).  Later in the day we got to Skype with Grandma Marie as well to send her our Mother's Day wishes.  We had fun telling her how much Zander has been enjoying all the gifts that she (and Jim's brother Chris's family) sent home with Jim during his recent visit to Texas.

So I haven't even had a chance to mention yet that we took a wonderful late Spring Break trip to Sanibel Island (FL) in April, just before Zander's birthday.  Many pictures to come, but here are a few of Happy Mommy (since we gave the camera a break on Mother's Day).  The first was taken on the night that Puppy scored some fancy new wheels:
And second, posing by the beautiful hibiscus in front of the "Raspberry Cottage" which served as our home away from home.  (Yes, Mommy needs to work a little on her grip - our little guy is getting big!)
It has been so wonderful learning to be a mom and enjoying all the giggles, snuggles and smiles that come with it.  Thanks Zander and Daddy for making me such a Happy Mommy - I love you both tremendously!

No comments:

Post a Comment